Established at the junction of Alvechurch Road
and Lilley Lane in 1900, the ‘Mission Church’ was
built in the Parish of King Norton to serve the
hamlet of West Heath.
It was opened on December 1st by the Bishop of
Worcester, in whose diocese the area was still
The Diocese of Birmingham was formed in 1905.
In the early 1920’s the wooden ‘village hall’ was
built and it, along with the Mission Church, were
used as a school until Turves Green was built.
In 1942 the church was renamed ‘St Anne’s Church’.
The Vicarage was built in 1968 and work started on
the erection of the new church and other buildings
in July 1974. October 4th, St Francis Day, 1975
saw the consecration of St Anne’s Church and
St Francis Chapel.