At St Anne’s, as a congregation, we have a vision that rejoices in the inheritance of faith we have in Jesus Christ, building on the past and looking to the future so we can pass on to future generations the love of Jesus.
As a result of some hard thinking and work in the PCC we have added to this vision as part of the ‘Transforming Church’ initiative in the diocese and have adopted the following:-
‘St Anne’s is seeking to be a home to invite everyone into.’
As a part of Christ’s church, we seek to respond to God’s Holy Spirit’s prompting and guiding to share Jesus love in our community. This Love we try to work out in prayer and action in our own lives and in the life of this parish as a worshipping community of Christians.
As a result at St Anne’s we seek to:
gifts God has given each of us.
How To Survive Summer
The month of August is frequently referred to as “the dog days of summer” It’ almost like the world tries to stop rotating for a while. Many of us use it as a time to relax and celebrate life. Let’ make sure that we don’ take a vacation from growing as people. It’ a time to sit back and look at our vision of life. We are given so many negative messages. Let’ all think positively. I would like to share with you ten simple principles that will help you to look at life in a positive way.
1. Be real and accept the reality of who you are. Be proud to be you. Look at each experience in life as a teacher. We are a people in progress.
2. Be open to life’ journey. Each day we are being led by a higher source that many of us call God. We are being guided. Look at life with positive eyes. Try to be open to rediscover the positive power we have already. At the moment of our birth we were given by God all we need for life.
3. Let go and let God. One of the great obstacles of life is the disease of control. The more you try to control the journey of life, the more frustrated you will become. Let’ try to get in touch with the energy and spirit of life, get into the flow, and go where we are led. We all need to listen and learn.
5. Share your story with others. When you share your experience you help others to share things. The greatest way to learn about ourselves is in sharing with others.
6. Accept your handicaps, as they are gifts from God to teach us so much about life. All of us have certain defects. Remember for every defect there is an asset. Take time to ask God to help us deal with every aspect of life. We need guidance and direction. Our spiritual growth depends on our willingness to ask for help.
7. Learn how to make amends to those people we have injured or harmed, including ourselves! Take time to make peace with all of these situations whenever humanly possible. The purpose of these principles is to settle and make peace with ourselves and, if possible, with others.
8. Take time each day to reflect and do a daily inventory. Once of the most positive ways to grow as a person is to look at each experience each day as our higher power’ way of teaching us the great lessons of life. If you have an open mind you can learn so much.
9. Stay centred and pray each day to be open to God’ will. Plan each day but realize that change is part of life. Don’ be rigid; circumstances lead us in different directions. Our plan and God’ plan aren’ always the same. Our prayer is that we listen and learn where we are being led.
10. Always live in the spirit of gratitude and sharing. We have so much for which to be thankful. God has given each of us the gift of life and helps us to discover our potential. Live your life openly and honestly and by your example you will be an inspiration to others.
If you try to live by these ten principles them you will experience the gift of peace and serenity within, thus attracting positive results in all that you do. Be good to yourself and let’ all thank God for the gifts we’e been given. Take time to share your gifts with others.
Enjoy the rest of the summer. God bless!